CLASS: Chunky Cable Hat
This virtual class with Chiaki is a great class for knitters who have never done cables. Although it may seem intimidating, cable work is actually a lot easier than it looks! This class introduces students to the concept of cables and covers troubleshooting tips for this technique. You will also learn how to read charts and other essential skills to finish the hat. There is a short homework assignment to be completed before the class.
Instructor: Chiaki Hayashi
Learn more about Chiaki at www.chiakiknit.com
- With US 9, 16” circular needles, CO 90 sts.
- Place marker and join in the round.
- (K1, P1) repeat for a total of 9 rounds. (Not too loose, if possible)
- Change to US 10, 16” circular needles, (P2, K8) repeat to end. Work total of 4 rounds.
- Yarn: 1 skein of Plymouth "Baby Alpaca Grande” (100% alpaca) or
Plymouth “Chunky Merino Superwash” (100% merino wool)
- Pattern: Chunky Cable Hat (PDF)
- Knitting Needles: US 10, 16” circular, US 9, 16” circular and US 10 DPN
- Cable Needle: We recommend this J-style needle. (If you already have another style of cable needle, don’t worry. Yours will work fine!)
Skills Needed: You must be able to finish the homework. If you need help finishing the homework, please contact Chiaki.
Class Size: Maximum 6 students (minimum 2 students)
Date: July 24th / 10:00-11:00
This class takes place via Zoom. Sign up on our website to receive a Zoom meeting login code and instructions for joining the meeting. Zoom meetings are free to join, but you must first download the app, or access Zoom through a web browser. For more information visit https://zoom.us
Cancellation Policy: If you must cancel, we ask that you email Knit House a minimum of 24 hours in advance to receive class credit. If you cancel less than 24 hours in advance your class fee will be forfeited. You may reschedule your class ONE TIME before forfeiting your class fee. Info@knithouseonmain.com