CLASS: Brioche, Brioche, Brioche
Let's start the new year with a new skill! If you've seen brioche knitting, you already know what an interesting and beautiful stitch it is. In this 2-session, 1.5-hour class, you will learn brioche in the round using two colors. Choose a simple cowl or a patterned cowl after the 1st class. Fixing mistakes will be the main topic for the 2nd class.
There is a short homework assignment to be completed before the class.
- 1. With main color (pattern color) and US 5 /16” circular needle, CO 135 sts.
- 2. Place a marker and join in the round, being careful not to twist sts.
- 3. Ribbing - (P2, K1) repeat around. Work total 3 rounds.
We ask that you purchase your supplies at Knit House
- Yarn: Worsted weight yarn MC (85 yards), CC (75 yards) - Recommended yarn - Malabrigo Rios, Anzula For Better or Worsted, Plymouth Worsted Merino Superwash, Essence of Autumn Prairie worsted.
- Needles: US 5, 16”long circular needles.
- Notions: 1 ring marker and 9 locking markers (for pattern version)
- Pattern: Please purchase here. You will also receive printed photo tutorials in the class.
Skill Level: - For the simple cowl you should feel comfortable completing the homework. For the patterned cowl you should feel comfortable following instructions for various decrease sts.) You can decide which one you will work after the first class.
Class Size: Maximum 6 students (minimum 2 students)
Date/Time: Thursdays: 1/6 & 13, 12:30-2
Learn more about Chiaki at www.chiakiknit.com