Purple is for emPOWER
The emPOWER People group is all about encouraging crafter-voters to use their voice (and needles) in the 2020 election.
From their website: "We are at a pivotal moment in our country and we need to be actively engaged in politics." "As a crafting community, we are skilled mobilizers." Too true. We're a formidable group.
So, they're encouraging knitters, crocheters and sewists to do what they do best and CREATE to show their support of "humanity...family...community...equality...and equity."
We can do that!
Instead of a pink hat, this time the fiber community is being encouraged to whip up some purple bandanas. :-) You can go as simple as you like... or choose something a little more challenging (scroll down to the "Download Pattern" button). They're all free downloads.
As long as you enjoy the process, it is exactly right.
I've chosen my yarn, but am still trying to find sometime to cast on. ;-)
My bandana will be knit with Anzula's For Better or Worsted in color Prince.
I am so thrilled to have a chance to use this joyful and delicious color.
What will you choose?
Here are some suggestions if you're looking for inspiration...
• a little cashmere, because why not?... Clinton Hill's Bespoke Cashmere
• one of our loveliest staples... Plymouth's Worsted Merino Superwash
• what about a lively variegated hand-dyed?... Malabrigo's Rios
• a beautiful, lighter option... HiKoo's Sueño Worsted
• and for the lace knitters, what could be more ethereal than... Shibui's Silk Cloud?
PLEASE send us photos if you end up knitting a powerful purple bandana. Or even if you're in process... we would love to see your images.